[1:00 pm] How exciting, here we are Monday sitting in class and all I can think about is how I am dreading to watch the rest of this black and white film My Girl Friday.
[1:06] As I sit here and try to piece back the movie; I am finding it very difficult to pay attention to the dull humored film. I believe that after watching so many actions packed, colored film, and animated graphics that are in today’s films, it makes it much harder to stop and restart a film such as this.
[1:15] finally something to grab my attention! As four guys from the news sit around a table and play cards an angry woman comes bursting into the room. This woman is accusing the men or writing false statements about her. These statements have to deal with the case that Hildy is covering for her news story. After being ignored by the men and bringing her to tears the woman is finally consoled by Hildy.
[1:18] the movie defiantly dates itself. The talk about hanging a man is thrown around like it is something that takes place everyday. The men even joke about why the hanging can't be changed to an earlier time, rather then having to wait until 7 o'clock.
[1:20] One thing that I continue to find humors about this film, which I don't think was intended to be funny, is how Hildy continues to think that she can not work for the news and "be a woman" Once again Hildy quite the news and this time it seems final. In her outburst, she goes on to say that she is quitting the news and is going to go "is a woman" and have babies. I think I find this so humorous because today it is uncommon for a woman not to work while still having a family.
[1:28] Poor Bruce, he has fallen into one of Walters traps that he has set up for him in hope that Hildy will not go off and marry Bruce. It is hard not to feel sorry for Bruce. He is such a quiet kind character who is oblivious to everything that is taking place around him. Luckily for him Hildy on the other hand is quick to catch on to Walter and know right away that Walter used the blonde girl to set up Bruce and land him in jail.
[1:34] "Shoot to kill, and $500 to the man who does it". For some reason this line brought a smile to my face. Not because of the actions in it, but the face that at this time of age there are people that think killing a man is worth $500. This is just another example of how movies date themselves. Only in the "old days" would someone not think anything of it when offered only $500 to shoot and kill another human being.
[1:41] once again its time to end the movie, and we will resume on Wednesday, that is hoping there isn't another snow day!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment